On December 26,2015, an envelope containing a large sum of cash was found on a sidewalk in town and turned in to the Winchester Police Department. The police department would like the assistance of the public in identifying the person who lost the cash. Please contact: Lieutenant Peter MacDonnell @ at 781-721-4625.
Archive for June, 2010
- Frank Batchelor was promoted to sergeant in August 2012
- Daniel O’Connell was promoted to Detective Lieutenant in July 2012
- Peter MacDonnell was promoted to Lieutenant in Charge in January 2010
- Carl Fuller was promoted to lieutenant in December 2009
- James Cogan was promoted to sergeant December 2009
- Joseph Abdella was promoted to sergeant on October 2009
- Arthur Houllahan was promoted to lieutenant in October 2009
- Marco DiCarlo was appointed to Permanent Reserve Police Officer in July 2012.
- Michael Chiuccariello was appointed to Permanent Reserve Police Officer in July 2012.
- Jeffrey LaTores was appointed Detective in July 2012.
- Sgt. Filtzer was appointed to K-9 Officer in November 2008.
- K-9 Axel graduated from the K-9 academy in February 2009.
- Detective Paul DeLuca retired in January 2015
- Sgt. Fred Cammon retired in March 2014
- Officer Jet Dean retired in March 2013
- Officer Paul Austin retired in January 2013.
- Detective Douglas Wilkinson retired in January 2013.
- Officer James Covino retired in March 2012.
- Officer Lew Best retired in December 2011. He currently serves as Deputy Chief of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness Division of the MBTA Police.
- Detective James Gray retired in February 2011.
- Lt. Jack Alford retired January 2010.
- Lt. Detective James Pierce retired in January 2010.
- Patrolman Larry Hill retired in September 2009.
Jail: Not more than 2 1/2 years House of Correction
License suspended for 1 year.
Jail: Not less than 60 days (30 day mandatory), not more then 2 1/2 years
License suspended for 2 years
THIRD OFFENSE (felony status)
Jail: Not less than 180 days (150 day mandatory), not more than 5 years State Prison
May be served in a prison treatment program
License suspended for 8 years
FOURTH OFFENSE (felony status)
Jail: Not less than 2 years (1 year minimum mandatory), not more than 5 years State Prison
License suspended for 10 years.
FIFTH OFFENSE (felony status)
Jail: Not less than 2 1/2 years (24 mos. minimum mandatory), not more than 5 years State Prison
License revoked for life.