Wanted by Winchester Police Department & Massachusetts State Police, for Armed Assault with Intent to Murder Matthew McAveeney Age 46 5’08 250lbs Do not approach or try to apprehend. Subject is wanted for a violent crime. Any information on his whereabouts please call Winchester Police at 781-729-1212 (Lieutenant Detective Dan O’Connell) or Mass State Police at 978-538-6020 […]
- Winchester Police License to Carry Application Checklist - ALL items on the checklist must be COMPLETED or your application will NOT be processed (pdf)
- Application for New/Renewal of an FID or License to Carry (pdf)
- Firearms Transaction (sale/lease/rental AND lost or stolen) Online form (pdf)
- Change of Address Notification form (pdf)
Firearms Licensing Guidelines and Checklist
Prior to submitting your application all applicants must complete a State Certified Firearms Safety Course. If you do not meet this requirement first your application will not be processed and returned to you.
All applications must be submitted to the office of the Chief of Police, located on the 2nd floor of thePublicSafetyBuilding,30 Mount Vernon Street,Winchester.
The following checklist can be downloaded here: Winchester Police License to Carry Application Checklist
- APPLICATION CHECK LIST :ALL items on the checklist must be COMPLETED or your application will NOT be processed.
□ All fields must be completed, all questions answered.
□ References must be submitted; must include address and phone numbers.
- Immediate family members CANNOT be used
□ When answering the reason for requesting a firearms license, a detailed
explanation is required. “For All Lawful Purposes” is not acceptable.
□ A copy of the certificate you received when you completed the firearms safety
course must be attached with your application.
□ A Check or Money Order made payable to “The Town of Winchester,” must be
submitted with the application. Cash is not accepted.
- LICENSE FEES: All fees are non refundable.
Class A, License to Carry Firearms, large capacity = $100
Class B, License to Carry Firearms, non large capacity = $100
Class C, Firearms Identification Card = $100
Class D, Firearms Identification Card, Restricted Chemical Propellant is a one time fee = $25
Licensing fee for all law enforcement personnel is $25 (a valid ID must be present)
Applicants 70 years of age and older, new applications and renewals = No Charge
- All Licenses are good for 6 years and expire on your birthday six years from the date of issue.
- Applicants for renewal have a 90 grace period from the date of expiration to renew their license.
- All applications will be processed electronically including fingerprints and pictures.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ALL INSTRUCTIONS WILL RESULT IN YOUR APPLICATION NOT BEING PROCESSED AND RETURNED TO YOU.
For further information contact Barbara Bosco at Winchester Police 781-729-1340 X320.