A Message from the Winchester Police Department Distributed by: John Guilfoil Public Relations JGPR.net | 617-993-0003 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Monday, Jan. 23, 2017 *Joint Press Release* Winchester Police Arrest Massage Therapist on Multiple Counts of Indecent Assault and Battery Police Asking Any Other Potential Victims to Come Forward Alexander Osher WINCHESTER – Winchester Chief […]
Effective April 01, 2010 all applicants wishing to obtain a new firearms license or the renewal of an existing firearm license can access the forms on line at the following web sites:
State of Massachusetts website: http://www.mass.gov/chsb/pdfs/frb/frb_fid_lic_app.pdf
Winchester Police Web Site: http://www.winchesterpd.org.
Prior to submitting your application all applicants must complete a State Certified Firearms Safety Course. If you do not meet this requirement first your application will not be processed.
To accommodate recent changes in state regulations, all applications must be submitted to the office of the Chief of Police, located at 30 Mount Vernon Street, 2nd floor, Winchester, MA during the following times: Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:30a.m.- 3:30p.m.
APPLICATION CHECK LIST:
- All questions must answered or your application will not be accepted.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation describing the applicant’s character must be submitted; including address and phone number of individual providing reference (cannot be a family member).
- When answering the reason for requesting a firearms license, a detailed explanation is required. “For All Lawful Purposes” is not acceptable.
- A copy of the safety certificate you received when you completed the firearms safety course must be attached with your application.
- A check made payable to “The Town of Winchester,” must be submitted with the application. CASH IS NOT ACCEPTED.
- A signed LTC/FID Affidavit must be submitted with all RENEWAL
- NEW applicants/new residents MUST supply a copy of his/her drivers license with a Town of Winchester address AND a copy of a birth certificate, a valid passport or Certificate of Citizenship.
LICENSE APPLICATION FEES: All fees are non refundable.
- Class A, License to Carry Firearms, large capacity = $100
- Class C, Firearms Identification Card = $100
- Licensing fee for all law enforcement personnel is $25 (a valid ID must be present)
- Applicants 70 years of age and older, new applications = $100.00
- Applicants 70 years of age and older, renewals = No Charge
All licenses are good for approximately 6 years and expire on your birthday six years from the date of issue.
Only applicants for FID and LTC renewal who submit an application to their licensing authority PRIOR to EXPIRATION of their current license will have an indefinite grace period in which their current license will remain valid after expiration. This grace period will stay in effect until the submitted application for renewal is either approved or denied by that licensing authority. If you do not submit your application for renewal prior to expiration of your current license, that license will expire and no longer be valid and you will need to apply for a new FID or LTC.
All applications will be processed electronically and application fingerprints and pictures will be taken at the Winchester Police Department on Thursdays by appointment only. A copy of the WPD firearms licensing policy and procedures can be on the departments website listed above.
Forms and Applications
Winchester Police Department Firearm Policy (2016)
WPD LTC Guidelines
LTC Change of Address Form
Lost or Stolen Renewal Affidavit
Massachusetts Gun Transaction Portal (for use during trade, sale transfer, inheritance or loss)
For further information contact Barbara Bosco at Winchester Police 781-729-1340 X320.