Matthew McAveeney was captured in Belmont North Carolina and charged with being a fugitive from justice. McAveeney will be transported back to Massachusetts and charged with murder and other offenses related to the death of his mother, Barbara McAveeney at the Parkview Condominiums. The Winchester Police Department would like to thank all agencies involved with […]
- Winchester Police License to Carry Application Checklist - ALL items on the checklist must be COMPLETED or your application will NOT be processed (pdf)
- Application for New/Renewal of an FID or License to Carry (pdf)
- Firearms Transaction (sale/lease/rental)Online form (pdf)
- Change of Address Notification form (pdf)
- Lost Stolen and Renewal Affidavit (pdf)
Effective April 01, 2010 all applicants wishing to obtain a new firearms license or the renewal of an existing firearm license can access the forms on line at the following web sites:
Prior to submitting your application all applicants must complete a State Certified Firearms Safety Course. If you do not meet this requirement first your application will not be processed.
To accommodate recent changes in state regulations, all applications must be submitted to the office of the Chief of Police, located at 30 Mount Vernon Street, 2nd floor, Winchester, MA during the following times: Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:30a.m.- 3:30p.m.
APPLICATION CHECK LIST:
- All questions must answered or your application will not be accepted.
- References must be submitted; including address and phone numbers.
- immediate family members CANNOT be used
- When answering the reason for requesting a firearms license, a detailed
explanation is required. “For All Lawful Purposes” is not acceptable.
- A copy of the safety certificate you received when you completed the firearms safety
course must be attached with your application.
- A check made payable to “The Town of Winchester,” must be submitted with the
- application. CASH IS NOT ACCEPTED.
- A signed LTC/FID Affidavit must be submitted with all RENEWAL applications.
LICENSE APPLICATION FEES: All fees are non refundable.
- Class A, License to Carry Firearms, large capacity = $100
- Class C, Firearms Identification Card = $100
- Class D, Firearms Identification Card, Restricted Chemical Propellant (ages 15-17) =$25
- Licensing fee for all law enforcement personnel is $25 (a valid ID must be present)
- Applicants 70 years of age and older, new applications = $100.00
- Applicants 70 years of age and older, renewals = No Charge
All licenses are good for approximately 6 years and expire on your birthday six years from the date of issue.
Only applicants for FID and LTC renewal who submit an application to their licensing authority PRIOR to EXPIRATION of their current license will have an indefinite grace period in which their current license will remain valid after expiration. This grace period will stay in effect until the submitted application for renewal is either approved or denied by that licensing authority. If you do not submit your application for renewal prior to expiration of your current license, that license will expire and no longer be valid and you will need to apply for a new FID or LTC.
All applications will be processed electronically and application fingerprints and pictures will be taken at the Winchester Police Department on Thursdays by appointment only.
For further information contact Barbara Bosco at Winchester Police 781-729-1340 X320.
State of Massachusetts Firearms Licensing website: http://www.mass.gov/chsb/pdfs/frb/frb_fid_lic_app.pdf