A mountain lion has been sighted in Winchester. A resident reported seeing a mountain lion in the Dunster Lane, Pepper Hill Drive neighborhood off of Ridge Street. Massachusetts Environmental Police responded and viewed the animal’s paw print and stated the tracks strongly resembled that of a mountain lion. Photos of the tracks were sent to Mass […]
Child Safety Seats
Always Buckle Your Kids!
- Always buckle up children 12 years and under in the back seat. It’s the safest place.
- Always use a child safety seat appropriate for the child’s age, weight and height.
- Never place a rear facing child safety seat in the front seat of a vehicle where an airbag is present.
- Always install and use child safety seats correctly, following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Always set a good example by wearing your own seat belt.
- Birth to 1 year and 20 lbs. or less – Use rear-facing infant seat
- Less than 1 year and 20 to 35 lbs. – Use rear-facing convertible seat recommended for heavier infants.
- 1 to 4 years and 20 to 40 lbs. – Use forward-facing convertible seat or high back booster with harness.
- 4 to 8 years and at least 40 lbs and less than 4 ft. 9 in. – Use forward-facing belt positioning booster seat.
- Over 8 years or at least 4 ft. 9 in. – Lap belt: Snug and low over the upper thighs, not over abdomen. Shoulder belt: Snug across the chest.
above information from kidssafetyfirst.org