On 07/29/2014 a resident reported receiving a phone call by 202-506-9775 at approx. 10AM stating they were from the IRS and that there were warrants out for his arrest unless he paid a fee. The resident wanted confirmation that this was a legitimate phone call, but the person speaking (“Damon Marshall”) hung-up. At approx. 11:03 […]
Child Safety Seats
Always Buckle Your Kids!
- Always buckle up children 12 years and under in the back seat. It’s the safest place.
- Always use a child safety seat appropriate for the child’s age, weight and height.
- Never place a rear facing child safety seat in the front seat of a vehicle where an airbag is present.
- Always install and use child safety seats correctly, following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Always set a good example by wearing your own seat belt.
- Birth to 1 year and 20 lbs. or less – Use rear-facing infant seat
- Less than 1 year and 20 to 35 lbs. – Use rear-facing convertible seat recommended for heavier infants.
- 1 to 4 years and 20 to 40 lbs. – Use forward-facing convertible seat or high back booster with harness.
- 4 to 8 years and at least 40 lbs and less than 4 ft. 9 in. – Use forward-facing belt positioning booster seat.
- Over 8 years or at least 4 ft. 9 in. – Lap belt: Snug and low over the upper thighs, not over abdomen. Shoulder belt: Snug across the chest.
above information from kidssafetyfirst.org