On December 26,2015, an envelope containing a large sum of cash was found on a sidewalk in town and turned in to the Winchester Police Department. The police department would like the assistance of the public in identifying the person who lost the cash. Please contact: Lieutenant Peter MacDonnell @ at 781-721-4625.
Child Safety Seats
Always Buckle Your Kids!
- Always buckle up children 12 years and under in the back seat. It’s the safest place.
- Always use a child safety seat appropriate for the child’s age, weight and height.
- Never place a rear facing child safety seat in the front seat of a vehicle where an airbag is present.
- Always install and use child safety seats correctly, following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Always set a good example by wearing your own seat belt.
- Birth to 1 year and 20 lbs. or less – Use rear-facing infant seat
- Less than 1 year and 20 to 35 lbs. – Use rear-facing convertible seat recommended for heavier infants.
- 1 to 4 years and 20 to 40 lbs. – Use forward-facing convertible seat or high back booster with harness.
- 4 to 8 years and at least 40 lbs and less than 4 ft. 9 in. – Use forward-facing belt positioning booster seat.
- Over 8 years or at least 4 ft. 9 in. – Lap belt: Snug and low over the upper thighs, not over abdomen. Shoulder belt: Snug across the chest.
above information from kidssafetyfirst.org