On December 26,2015, an envelope containing a large sum of cash was found on a sidewalk in town and turned in to the Winchester Police Department. The police department would like the assistance of the public in identifying the person who lost the cash. Please contact: Lieutenant Peter MacDonnell @ at 781-721-4625.
Medication Take Back Program
Be Safe at Home – Help protect our environment. Bring unused or expired prescription and over-the-counter medications to the Winchester Police Department for proper disposal. Disposal is available 24 hours a day.
Guidelines for Disposal:
- Take unused, unwanted or expired prescription and non-prescription drugs to the Winchester Medication Disposal Kiosk located in the lobby of the Winchester Police Department.
- Keep medications in original bottle or packaging if possible.
- Mark out your name and address on the prescription labels.
- Put any liquid or glass container in a Ziploc bag provided at the kiosk and securely close the bag. Insert pill containers or Ziploc bag into the kiosk’s mail slot and close the lid.
- Winchester Substance Abuse Coalition sends collected medications to be incinerated as part of the ecological and safe disposal protocol.
For more information on this program, pick up a flyer in the Winchester Police Station lobby vestibule.
- Honey Bee Swarms
- Beware of Paving Scams
- Press Release - From Middlesex County District Attorney, Marian T Ryan