On 07/29/2014 a resident reported receiving a phone call by 202-506-9775 at approx. 10AM stating they were from the IRS and that there were warrants out for his arrest unless he paid a fee. The resident wanted confirmation that this was a legitimate phone call, but the person speaking (“Damon Marshall”) hung-up. At approx. 11:03 […]
Medication Take Back Program
Be Safe at Home – Help protect our environment. Bring unused or expired prescription and over-the-counter medications to the Winchester Police Department for proper disposal. Disposal is available 24 hours a day.
Guidelines for Disposal:
- Take unused, unwanted or expired prescription and non-prescription drugs to the Winchester Medication Disposal Kiosk located in the lobby of the Winchester Police Department.
- Keep medications in original bottle or packaging if possible.
- Mark out your name and address on the prescription labels.
- Put any liquid or glass container in a Ziploc bag provided at the kiosk and securely close the bag. Insert pill containers or Ziploc bag into the kiosk’s mail slot and close the lid.
- Winchester Substance Abuse Coalition sends collected medications to be incinerated as part of the ecological and safe disposal protocol.
For more information on this program, pick up a flyer in the Winchester Police Station lobby vestibule.
- Honey Bee Swarms
- Beware of Paving Scams
- Press Release - From Middlesex County District Attorney, Marian T Ryan